The Trustees of Reservations
Moose Hill Farm
CSA Blog
A property of The Trustees of Reservations
Moose Hill Farm CSA
CSA Info | CSA Sign Up | Farm Stand | Volunteer | Apprentice | Connect with Us | Visit Moose Hill Farm


Monday, July 15, 2013

Introducing...Tim!

This week you get to learn about another one of Moose Hill Farm's awesome apprentices, Tim. 


"My hopes and goals for this season were to see the production side of farming. My experience so far has been primarily large scale homesteading as base, and different trades within agriculture being the skill set on top. In college, The Audubon Education Institute, we lived simple lives practicing ecological awareness and self-sufficiency; that year our ecological footprint was 1 acre per person...something that there should be an award for. Ultimately, my studies left a heavy influence on me. I am a very passionate activist for living simple, handwork, and ecological awareness.  Before being hired as a Farm Apprentice, I had been working as both an assistant cheese maker, crafting raw milk aged cheese, and as an apiarist, caring for bees within the Boston metro area.  Currently, in my down time I operate several small apiaries within New England. I hope to work in a field where both farming and bee keeping are aspects of my day-to-day job. Self-resiliency, in learning self-sufficiency and homesteading, I became an inspired home brewer.   With my own honey at my feet, in the next few years, I hope to start a mead company. Ethically farming perennials herbs, flowers, and fruits as ingredients to be fermented with the honey, and produce a local, well throughout, craft wine. Till then, I will be just selling honey; maybe you’ll see it at the farm stand? Let’s see what the bees think about that! Stay tuned…"


We are very happy to report that our food pantry donations began last week...we donated 80lbs of produce to the Canton Food Pantry.  This week we will be adding a drop-off to the Produce to Pantries program in Boston; specifically to the Haitian American Public Health Initiative. 

We are hoping to get you back into the PYO fields this week to pick some beans...we'll see how the beans grow in the heat today!  Under the tents you will find dill, sage, cabbage, Swiss chard, fennel, lettuce, summer squash, cucumbers, potatoes, scallions, beets and kale. 

Farmer Molly and the crew

No comments:

Post a Comment